Your Name and Title:  Althea Penn, M.Ed.Adm., NAC, PDS, Educational Consultant

Organization or School Name:  Penn Consulting

Area of the World from Which You Will Present:  United States

Language in Which You Will Present:  English

Target Audience(s):  Faith based educators

Short Session Description (one line):   Standardized testing helps parents, teachers, and students to establish priorities which are aligned with your educational goals and objectives. 

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):  The purposes of student assessment tools (e.g. standardized test) are to measure student achievement relative to the academic content standards, to identify students failing to achieve mastery of content, to provide parents and teachers with diagnostic information, and to assist in identifying student strengths and weaknesses in order to establish priorities in planning educational programs.  Tests and assessments are an essential part of the instructional process. When properly done, they can not only effectively evaluate but also enhance students' learning and teachers' instruction.  We find that Scripture makes it clear that believers in Jesus Christ will undergo testing as part of the maturing process of a life in Christ (I Thessalonians 2:4; 5:21; Romans 12:2).  Standardized tests provide an opportunity for us to examine and evaluate our child's progress academically (Proverbs 20:11).  The tests measure what your child has learned about a subject over a long period of time.  Preparing for tests happens all school year as students engage in daily leaning experiences.  It is important to remember that one test cannot give you the full picture of what your child can and cannot do. Tests cannot measure how creative or hard working your child is. To fully understand how well your child is meeting the standards (for what she should know, understand, and be able to do), it is important to look at many different things including: work samples and projects; writing assignments; and learning style profiles. 

This webinar will cover the following:

• Relation of assessment to instruction
  • Purposes and forms of assessment
  • Process of planning an assessment
  • Compiling and administering assessments
  • Evaluating and improving your assessment tools
  • Grading and reporting systems
  • Uses of standardized tests
  • Interpreting standardized test scores

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:  http://altheapenn.tripod.com/

You need to be a member of startingtohomeschool to add comments!

Join startingtohomeschool

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Althea:  because we're running out of presentation slots, and because I've already accepted two from you, I'm holding off on this one until I can see what our final time availability is.  Thanks.

This reply was deleted.