Your Name and Title:

Mr Graham W. Hendrey

Founder & Director of a Private Language School.

Organization or School Name:

Native Speakers Academy

Co-Presenter Name(s):

None

Area of the World from Which You Will Present:

Slovakia

Language in Which You Will Present:

English

Target Audience(s):

Teachers & Student Teachers

Short Session Description (one line):

A review of the The Six Purposes of Education as suggested by Alexander Inglis.

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):

The purpose of this presentation is to summarize the foundational reasoning of our modern western education system and its practical application in society as outlined by Alexander James Inglis (1879–1924), who was Assistant to The Professor of Education at Harvard University, in his classic work 'Principles of Secondary Education' which was published in 1918, and correspondingly to highlight how relevant today his vision of education's purpose still is.

Disclosure:

This is an extension of ideas brought to light by John Taylor Gatto 

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:

www.nsa-slovakia.com

www.nsa-education.com

You need to be a member of startingtohomeschool to add comments!

Join startingtohomeschool

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you very much for your invitation to speak/present at your event. Since I presented my proposals my situation has changed and I unfortunately have to withdraw my proposal to present. I was very much looking forward to your event and so I apologize if this creates any problems for the organizers.

Here you can find a short distillation of the ideas i wished to include in my presentation.

The Six Functions of Secondary Education:

http://www.nsa-slovakia.com/assignments/thesixfunctionsofsecondarye...

I have sent a more detailed e-mail to the organisers to inform them of this situation. All apologies and i wish you a successful event with many participants.

• Thanks for this--I just downloaded the archive.org pdf of the book.  I"m guessing that this plays into the progressive era views of this age.  Will also look up what Gatto had to say! 

This reply was deleted.