Your Name and Title: Yasmin Helal, Founder

Organization or School Name: Educate-Me Egypt (NGO)

Co-Presenter Name(s): Eman Hisham/ Nada ElAyat

Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Egypt

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience(s): Those interested in democratic schools and alternative education, be it teachers, principles or parents.

Short Session Description (one line): Dream-driven Learning for underprivileged children in Egypt.

Full Session Description (as long as you would like): Educate-Me, an Egyptian NGO is committed to creating an educational approach that is based on empowering children to formulate and pursue their dreams. Standard education deprives children from some of their most essential characteristics, like creativity and curiosity, which we think are their tools in a future that only they will define. Our current program has several pillars that work together - one pillar is concerned with expanding the children's awareness of the world (we call it KNOW), another pillar is concerned with enabling them to pursue small learning/non-learning goals that they set for themselves (ASK), another pillar is concerned with working with their parents and community to ensure consistency in their learning (NURTURE). These are some of the pillars that we work with, and we'll talk in further depth about them in our presentation. To reach this mission, we went through a journey of understanding the children and their needs. We will take you on this journey, the lessons learnt in every step, and ending with the high note of what we do right now, and how we do it.

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session: 

https://www.facebook.com/EducateMeEgypt 

https://www.youtube.com/user/Taleeda

You need to be a member of startingtohomeschool to add comments!

Join startingtohomeschool

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you everyone for joining us today, it was truly an honor to hear from your experiences and share ours!! We'd love to stay in touch with this wonderful network, and hopefully make use of it to share insights and motivation. Steve, we trust you will help us do that!

This reply was deleted.